Just a brief note for anyone who’s in the area: Fiona and I have a half-hour set this Saturday evening at the pre-Festival warm-up concert for this year’s Mitcheldean Folk Festival. We’re one of eight acts in a line-up running for a total of four hours from 7pm till 11pm. The gig is at the Bespoke Brewery in Mitcheldean which I can tell you from experience has a whole range of excellent beers. It’s a free-entry event.
As usual, I’ll be taking advantage of the organisers’ good nature to perform songs that are, for the most part, “folk music” only by a very broad definition. Here’s the provisional set-list (though we might change it around a bit, and we may have to drop a song if we sense we’re running out of time):
- Marrakesh Express (Crosby, Stills and Nash)
- Scarborough Fair (Simon and Garfunkel)
- We Learned the Sea (Dar Williams)
- Blackbird (Beatles)
- Something (Beatles)
- Tax Office Love Song (Chloe Hall)
- Little Green (Joni Mitchell)
- Leaving on the Jet Plane (John Denver)
Come and join us if you’re free!